Name of the Society : MAGALIR SATTA UDHAVI MANDRAM
The Objects of the Society :
(1) To organize the masses of women in Towns and Villages of India and build a Powerful broad based women’s movement for the uplift and betterment of the lot of the women as a whole, to remove discriminate-nation between man and woman to fight for equal rights and liberation of women by educating and creating awareness among them. To establish legal aid centers, run destitute homes° rural and mobile legal aid centers or any other similar institutions to serve the poor and needy in and around Madras and in any part of the Indian Union Irrespective of any considerations for caste, creed or religion.
(2) To conduct free legal aid camps to educate the needy women.
(3) To run a destitute home for the women in distress.
(4) To conduct conferences, seminars, meetings, discourses, study classes relating to the activities of the Association.
(5) To acquire by purchases or on tease or on hire or cn licence or otherwise lands and properties (movable and immovable) to construct buildings.
(6) To acquire land and to construct building and let them out on rent for utilizing the income derived therefrom for all or any of the above purposes.
To promote companies, associations, Co-operative or any other institutions or participate in or collaborate within any manner in the promotion of any such institutions. which have objects consistent and are in line with the objects mentioned above.
To receive subscriptions, donations endowments and gifts (movable or immovable.)
To borrow on security or otherwise with or without interest monies from Banks, Financial Institutions, Companies, individuals or others whomsoever, in any manner, whatsoever, for all or any of the above purposes for which the society is established.
To give donations, subscriptions endowments, scholarships and gifts (movable or immovable) to any institution or persons in furtherance of the objects of the society.
GOVERNING BOARD The names, addresses, occupations and designation of the Governing Board to whom the Management of Affairs of the society are entrusted, required under section 2 of the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act XXVII of 75 are as under.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. NAME OF THE SOCIETY MAGALIR SATTA UDHAVI IVIANDRA : No. 13, Mosque Street. Triplicane. Madras-600005.
2. ADDRESS OF THE REGISTERED OFFICE OF THE SOCIETY
3. THE DATE OF FORMATION 21 — —1931 OF THE SOCIETY 4. DISTRICT REGISTRAR OF DISTRICT WITHIN WHOS JURISDICTION THE OFFICE Central Madra3 OF THE SOCIETY IS SITUATED 5, OBJECTS OF THE SOCIETY
a) To organize the masses o” women in -rows and villages of India and build a powerful broad-based women’s movement for the uplift and betterment of the lot of the women as a whole, to remove discrimination between man and woman to fight for equal rights and liberation of. women by educating and creating awareness among them. To establish legal aid centers, run destitute- homes, rural and mobile legal aid centers or any other similar institutions To serve the poor and needy in and around Madras and in any part of the Indian Union irrespective of any considerations for caste, creed or religion.
b) To conduct free legal aid camp3 to educate the needy women.
c) To run destitute homes for the women in distress.
d) To conduct conferences, seminars, meetings, discourses, study. classes relating to the activities of the Association.
To acquire by purchase or on lease or on hire or on license or otherwise lands and properties (movable and immovable) to construct buildings.
f) To acquire land and to construct building and let them out on rent for utilizing the income derived therefrom for all or any of the above purposes To promote companies, associations, co-operative or any other institutions or participate in or collaborate within any manner in the promotion of any such institution, which have objects consistent and are in line with the objects mentioned above.
h) To receive subscriptions, donations, endowments and gifts (movable and immovable.) To borrow on security or otherwise with or without interest monies from Banks, Financial Institutions, Companies, individuals or other,, whomsoever, in any manner, whatsoever, for all or any of the above purposes for which the society is established.
j) To gi4e donations, subscriptions, endowments, scholarships and gifts (movable and immovable) to any institution or persons in furtherance of the objects of the Society. (A) The Society shall engage itself in all activities necessary for the realization of its objects.
The Executive Committee of the Society shall chalk out the policies and the:courses of action from time to time for the progress of the Society.
6 The name of the person or persons. officer if any authorized to sue or to be sued on behalf of the society.
The president shall be the person who will sue and be sued for an on behalf of the society.
i) All women shall he eligible to become members of the Society on payment of Rs. 2/-towards entrance fee.
ii) Members shall pay a monthly subscription of Rs. 5/aor a life subscription of Rs. 100/-payable in advance, on before every financial year, i.e., 31st March.
(iii) Copies of the Rules and Regulations, the receipt and expenditure account and the balance sheet shall be Supplied to the members on application of free of Cost
8. Special Resolution Special resolution is required by 3/4 o-F the members of the Society. The above resolution is required for amending the memorandum and by-laws of the Society, dissolve the Society and to change the name of the Society.
9. REMOVAL OF MEMBERSHIP The Executive Committee shall have the power to suspend or remove any member from the Society for the following reasons
- (A) Conduct which is contrary to the objects of the society.
(8) Misappropriation of the funds of the Society. Failure to remit the subscription consecutively for six months ; The members so suspended or removed shall have the right of appeal to the General Body of the Society.
10, RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF MEMBERS
- (A) To participate and vote in the Annual General Body Meeting.
- (B) To contest in the Executive Committee to participate in that activity of the Society
- (C) To call for the extraordinary General Body Meeting for specified reasons with a requisition signed at least by /3rd members of the Society
- (D) To visit the office and demand account books for verification.
11. DAY TO DAY TRANSACTION OF BUSINESS (A) PRESIDENT
1) The president shall preside over the Meetings of the General Body and Executive Committee.
She is the custodian of the properties of the Society. She shall guide the Secretary in the proper maintenance of documents, Registers and in the Administration of the Society. She shall be the passing authority for all the expenses incurred by the Society together with the Secretary.
(B) VICE PRESIDENT i) The Vice president shall preside over the Meeting of the General Body and Executive Committee in the absence of the President. 0i) She shall assist the President of the Society in. all respects.
- She shall manage the affairs of the Society.
- She shall be the Administrative Executive of the Society.
- She shall prepare all the documents and keep the same up-to date for ready reference
- She shall incur the expenses wherever and whenever necessary on behalf of the Society and certify the expenditure with voucher or bill.
- She is responsible for the maintenance and custody of all the records of the society.
- She shall convene meetings of the General Body and the Executive Committee.
- She shall convene special or extra ordinary meetings of the General Body and Executive Committee.
- She shall present the monthly and annual reports.
- She shall maintain the minutes book of the Executive Meetings of the Committee and General Body.
- She shat be responsible for the proper maintenance of all records.
- She shall execute the decisions of the Executive committee and the General Body of the Society.
- The Secretary in empowered to give directions in regard to the business of the Society and shall to responsible for the executive administration of the Society subject to the control of the President.
(D) ASSISTANT SECRETARY
(i) She shall generally assist the Secretary. ii) She shal do all the work entrusted to her by the Secretary. iii) In the absence of the Secretary, she shall act in her place
- The Treasurer is personally responsible for the funds of the Society and records pertaining thereto.
- She shall receive all collections and dues from the members.
- She shad make payments after caning the vouchers or bills duly attested and passed by the Secretary.
- She shall maintain the account books and other connected documents.
- She shall prepare the monthly and annual statements of accounts.
- She shall submit the necessary account books, vouchers, bills and other connected documents for audit.
- She shall present the monthly accounts to the Executive Committee and the annual statement of accounts to the General Body.
(F) EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- The Executive Committee Members shall render all the assistance to the President and the Secretary.
- They shall assist the Secretary on programme days.
- They shall carry out the other routine duties. entrusted to them by the Secretary or the President.
- They shall decide the n ode of activities to fulfill the objects of the Society.
(12) Constitution of the Committee (Specified in Section 15 of The Societies Registration Act)
(a) The Executive Committee shall consists of one President, one Vice-President,- one Secretary, one Assistant Secretary, one Treasurer and 10 Members.
(b) The present governing body shall hold office for the first three years and thereafter the Committee shall be elected by the General Body meeting annually.
(c) Any interim vacancy arising in the executive committee shall be filled up by the committee by co-option but such co-opted members shall automatically retire at the time of nearest next election. (d) The Executive Committee shall meet at least once in mu months.
(e) The Secretary shall call the meeting by issuing notice to ee the members of the Executive Committee at least 3 days in advance.
(f) The Secretary shall prepare the agenda for the meeting of the Executive Committee.
(g) During the Committee meeting the income and expenditure of the previous months shall be verified and accepted ID/ ‘UK. Committee.
e. Preparation And Filing of the Reports And Returns tn..ith the Concerned Registrar of
(a) The Secretary shall be responsible for preparation and submission of all reports and returns to the concerned Registrar or authorities annually or as and when called for from time to time.
14. The audit of accounts (with reference to section 16)
(a) The accounting yeer of the Society shall commence on the “I st of April every year. The accounts will be closed for the year ending.
(d) The General Boby shall appoint auditor, or auditors as it deems fit. The accounts of the society shall be audited by a qualified auditor or auditors as per section 16 (1) and Rule 32 (2) of the Societies Registration Act.
15. Deposits/investment of Funds
(a) All the monies of the Society shall be deposited in any Nationalised Bank or Co-operative Bank, in Madras. Necessary account shall be opened in the name of the Society for this purpose. All life subscriptions shall be deposited in’ Fixed Deposits not exceeding 5 years at a time. (d) The Treasurer can retain with her a sum not exceeding Rs. 5001-for meeting the urgent and unexpected expenses of the Society. Any amount exceeding Rs. 500/- shall be remitted to the Bank.
(A) Annual General body Meeting (a) Normally the annual General Body Meeting shall be held in a year with a period of three months after the expiry of the financial year cm or before the month of June. Such meeting shall transact the following business:
- i) Adoption of the Annual Report, Inca -ne and expenditure presented by the Secretary. ii) Appointment of auditor or auditors.
- ii) Election of the new Office bearers.
(B) General Body Meeting
- Any amendment alteration/cancellation of the existing bye-laws shall be done only at the General Body Meeting specifically convene for the purpose
- The notice specifying the day, hour. place and any amendment to be made in the objects or any of the, the Society along with the agenda of the meeting, shall be sent to the members under certificate of posting 21 clear Gays in advance. A copy of the notice shall be in the Notice Board of the Society.
(c) Extra-ordinary meeting
- The Executive Committee may convene the Extra—ordinary General Body Meeting of the Society at any time with prior notice of 21 days of such meeting.
- Where 1 /3rd of the members of the Society have made a requisition to convene the extra ordinary General Body Meeting, the Executive Committee shall call such a Meeting, within one month from the date of receipt of such requisition.
- If the extra Ordinary General Body Meeting is not called in accordance with such requisition, the requisitionists shall have the power to call the meeting themselves.
17. QUORUM The QUORUM for the meetings of both the Executive Committee and the General Body shall be 1/3rd of their respective members. If the Quorum is wanting for any meeting, such meeting shall be postponed to the next month, on approximately the same time and place with prig ;notice as required under the Bye-laws. Under no circumstances such a postponed meting shall be fur, her postponed and the meeting shall be conducted with the members present. Every member may exercise his or her vote. In the event of tie, the President shall hive the casting vote.
18. INSPECTION OF BOOKS The books containing the minutes of the Society and the books of accounts shall be kept at the registered office of the Society during business hours and be open to inspection by any member free of charge. We, the undersigned hereby declare and certify that the above mentioned Rules are True copy of the Rules and Regulations of the Magalir Salta Udhavi Mandram
|K. K. ELENGO|
K. VIJAYAL K. EAZHISAIVALLI